3 Medics + 1 Ambulance = 10,000 MILES of Breakdowns, Bandits, Borders, Deserts, Danger and Disaster...all the way to Mongolia.
Captured on Video Diary:
1) Journey to Mongolia
2) Working in the Mongolian Health Service
7th June 2012: we drive an ambulance from Newcastle (UK) to Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
The North East Ambulance Service has kindly donated us an Ambulance which we will deliver to Mongolia.
The ambulance and others in the fleet will be maintained through fundraising for the charity GoHelp.
We aim to improve the emergency quality and sufficiency of the rural provinces of Mongolia, enabling:
1) Children to attend medical examinations
2) Acutely ill herdsman to reach hospital
3) Aid to be delivered to pregnant women
4) Infants to be immunised on time
***Consent has been taken for all photographs used***